Sunday, February 9, 2014

Online Assessment Inventory


Learner-Centered vs. Teacher-Centered Assessment


Creating effective learner-centered assessments has been very important to me in my classroom.  After taking the online assessment inventory I found that how I focus my assessments is very much learner-centered.  One of the main goals of learner-centered assessments is to "understand what students can do well and in what areas they have not succeeded".  The information that is received from learner-centered assessment is so important in the teaching and learning process; if students have not learned, it is imperative to revisit and reteach certain lessons or information.

Some of the characteristics of learner-centered assessments from the online inventory that I connect with are: Teaching and assessing are intertwined - Instructors and students learn together - Emphasis is on creating better questions and learning from errors.

Creating more meaningful and effective learner-centered assessments is one of my action research topics and I am excited to be gaining helpful information that will be important in the improvement of my teaching and learning as well as student understanding and learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment